Monday, May 22, 2006

Your real hair colour? - 29 December 2005

Jason and I went looking for a new surfboard for him today. We found a few nice boards. We drove a lot, and my left arm got very burnt from being in the passenger seat.

He didnt buy anything, but we did get a couple of hours in the water at currumbin. Small waves, lots of people in the water, but a shit day surfing is better than a great day working. Actually, it wasnt really shit, it was pretty fun.

Rebecca
Rebecca is not blonde. Let me just repeat that... Rebecca is not blonde. However... She asked Nix "Is that your real hair colour coming up from your roots?" She's funny.

I've grown
The boys went to Dreamworld on Tuesday. We had so much fun. We got three season passes through our reward points. Charli is still young enough to get in free. Arthur and I went on the water slides. He loved them. So did I. But I dont think they are supposed to be used by anyone over about 65 kilos. On both of them (the one you sit in the tube, and the one you slide down on your ass) I went down a little too fast. On the one in the tube, I managed to get airborn about a foot. Not quite high enough to fly over the side, but certainly enough to end up coming back down without a soft tyre tube to cushion my fall. After some hind-sight investigation, it appears that all other over 65kgers also experienced the 'flight of the grown up'.

The one that you slide down on your ass was a different story. I was watching all the kids go down, and I noticed that they actually lay on their backs. I just assumed that you can control yourself more by doing this. I tried it. I went to fast. I found myself airborn for the second time in the same day. I landed flat on my back. That hurt. Apart from the pain, it was huge amounts of fun. I may even do it again (at the end of the day).

The three boys (Arthur, Ben, Jacob) had a ball. I cant wait to go again. Next time we may even take the girls with us.

No comments: