Monday, May 22, 2006

The fishbowl was huge - 23 December 2005

This is great. I can get used to this.
Got to work at 7am.
Did some work.
Left work at 7:15am to have breakfast at La Dolce Vitas. Had eggs benedict. And some other stuff.
Got to work by lunch time.
Went out to lunch at Arrivadercis. Had chicken Kiev.
Got back to work by 1:30. Just in time to play an hour or so of Quake with everyone.
Left work just after 2:30.
Was a good day.

Everone came over tonight for the secret santa. I loved it. I got a lava lamp. The kids loved it too. They ate junk food.

Christmukah is like a fisbowl.
When I was a kid, we had this huge fishtank. There was heaps of huge fish in it too. It was about 2 meters wide, and about 90cm tall.
I didnt look at the fishtank for quite some time. It just sat in the corner near the window at dads place. I think it went to my Aunty Joyce for a few years before I even noticed that it was gone. Even when it came back to our place I didnt really take much notice of it. Then one day, just before I grew up, I noticed that it wasnt really that big. It was about 80cm wide, and roughly 50cm tall.
The next moment, just after I had kids, I noticed that christmukah was also not as big and exciting as I remembered. I hope my kids will be kids for as long as possible, and take notice of things more than I did.

Nix is addicted to downloading music. This is a good thing. She has never really been into music. turn it down ronny!

Dad went into hospital the other day. Then went to work when they let him out. Nix spoke to him. I find it difficult when I speak to him on the phone about going to hospital, and about his health, and stuff that is not good. I am not sure if he is scared. Well... if he isnt, I am.

He was santa clause once (maybe more than once, but at least once that I can remember). That was in Plowman street, Bondi. I had a bed that was like a car. It had a boot where I kept all my junk. We lived next door to a doctor, and a couple of doors up from clowns. The poeple opposite us had a four wheel drive. A real four wheel drive. Before anyone had a four wheel drive. Man. It was a tough car. They were cool.

I had a girl friend who lived around the corner from us. I think I was about 4 or 5 or 6. Her name was Sophia. She had red hair. We got the chicken pox together and invited all the kids from school over for a party so they could all get the chicken pox too. Parents were weird back then. Sophia over dosed a few years ago.

No comments: