Monday, March 12, 2012

Injured and dazed

Well. At first, They were kind of cool. Euphoric. Light. Then, as necessity grew, they became heavy. Sluggish. Smokey.
Actually I can't wait to rid them. Try something different. Funny thing is, I'm lying in bed not able to sleep, they are sitting next to me and I can't even remember their name. Too slugged out to lift my head and take a look.

We got the letter today that said our new couch is ready for delivery. I can't even get excited about that. It's been three months since we ordered it.

I have a patrol on the weekend and I was seriously considering doing it, until Nix reminded me that I can't stand up for more than 5 minutes. How am I gonna stand up for 5 hours on a beach?

She goes to San Fransisco on Friday. She is freaking out, not about going, but of leaving us for ten days. My back is stuffed, Charlis arm is broken, and Arthur is 12. As you can see, all three of us have some kind of disability.

Endone. That's what those tables are called.

I think we'll be going out for dinner for ten days... last time Nix went away that's what we did.
We ate desert before dinner because we didn't get in trouble for doing so.
We'll play on the Xbox after school. We'll ride our bikes. We'll go to the beach, but I'll sit down rather than patrol. We'll get a cleaner in when we need to. But we will miss Nix terribly.

She's gonna have a ball.

I've been working from home this week and last, and it looks like next week too. It's just too painful to sit on a bus for an hour, walk to the office, find a place to sprawl out on the floor every hour to stretch out my leg. I do find that I'm getting stacks of work done from home with no interruptions.

JP sent a picture of one of his curries that he wizzed up recently. When I saw the picture, it was the first time in two weeks that I felt hungry. Man it looked great.
This is the curry that JP made. Looks yummy hey?!

We had a big curry night a couple of weeks ago. I made two curries that night. One was a recipe from a cookbook that I've had for a while. It's the kids FAVOURITE butter chicken. The other was a lamb and plum korma that I originally got from a TV show I think it was from that pretty Asian chick who was on one of those cooking competition shows then had her own show... Po? Or Pho? Or something like that. Anyway, the lamb plum korma is one of Nixs faves, so I made that one too.
Jo also made two curries that night and they were both really awesome, especially the "different" one. It was green and limey and great.

And now the endone kicks in.

Pink Floyd is playing on my headphones. We went to see the Roger Waters concert a few weeks ago. The Wall. Holy fuck it was brilliant. Nix and I went. I was so amazed and stoked that nix came. She doesn't really like pink Floyd. Although I would say that she likes their music, but just doesn't like listening to it. Anyway. It was a really brilliant show.
They should do something about the crap food that they sell at Acer Arena, or is it calls AllPhones now? Either way, the food their is shocking.

The physio girl last week was going to tape my back to keep it from bending. When she went to put the tape on, she warned me about taking it off too fast would rip my hair off my back. That sounded scary. So I told her not to put it on.

I am still hopeful that I will be able to start training again soon and be able to race this season. I will be extremely disappointed if that is not possible. I still haven't given myself a deadline for decision making, as I don't want to think about not doing it. It will shatter me if I can't.

I hope Nix brings us back some great stuff from America. Maybe some bubble gum or cigars or some new cool technology or Xbox games or all of the above.
Headphones. That's what I want. A really good set. Not earplugs. I've had these ones for about 10 years now. They are great, but I'm sure there is some much better technology out there.


No comments: