Monday, May 22, 2006

The most pathetic - 22 February 2006

So Charli got a bit sick the other day. She had a bit of a runny nose, and a cough. So did Arthur. A bit fluey. They didn't complain. Theyjust took it in their stride. And Nix. When she gets sick she soldiers on. Breakfasts to make. School trips to run. House to take care of. Family to look after. I got sick on Sunday night. Man! What a pathetic individual I turned out to be. I couldn't get up on Monday. It was like an athletic event to just make a bit of breakfast. I winge. I moan. I'm grumpy. Quite pathetic.
So Nix goes out to some kindy teacher parent night thing, and starts talking with other mums. Apparently it's a common thing for husbands/fathers to be the most pathetic of all family members when it comes to being sick. Why? What makes us like this? I think I have the answer.
You see... it is a matter of design. The strongest link should take the heaviest load. This principal was obviously thought of by g-d when she designed us. Give the father/husband the majority of the sickness so the rest of the family doesn't have to endure it. Quite sensible really. We are like a filter. A force field. Not pathetic at all really, just taking the load off those who would not take it as well as we would.

No comments: